Sunday, March 16, 2008

Igraine the Brave by Cornelia Funke

Grades: 3-6

Committee Annotation:
Igraine is from a family of magicians but she longs to be a knight. She gets her chance when her parents turn themselves into pigs at the same time. Osmund the Greedy attacks their castle. Can Igraine, her brother, two parental pigs, a sorrowful knight, and some magical singing books save the day?

Subjects: Fantasy, magic, magicians, spells, knights, knighthood, brothers and sisters, family, gender roles, pigs, books, adventures

Author website: http://www.corneliafunkefans.com/mainSiteMozUSA.html

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved this book. It was very exicting. I thought it was very interesting when Igraine escapes. I would totally reccomend this book. I can see why they nominated it.

CMS said...

This book is very exciting. I think this book on a scale 1 to 10 I give it a 10. Because It has an amazing message.

Anonymous said...

This book was very intresting when i found out that Osmund has magic powers.And then she escapes. This book gets you really intrested by the way it started.

Anonymous said...

I loved this book because Igraine goes on an amazing adventure!It was worth taking time to read.I would recommend this book because it is very interesting and I think a lot of kids and adults will love this book!
Kalasia
Callahan School
Burrilville

Anonymous said...

I thougt it was very interesting when Osmand has magic powers. And then i found out that Igraine escaped.



Taylor. R