Sunday, March 16, 2008

Emma-Jean Lazarus Fell Out of a Tree by Lauren Tarshis

Grades: 5-6

Committee Annotation:
Emma-Jean is both a quirky and logical seventh grader who lacks people skills. She has no need for friends but after stumbling upon a classmate sobbing in the girl's restroom, Emma-Jean uses her problem-solving ability to help, leading to some rather interesting results.

Subjects: Friendship, peer pressure, bullying, middle school, problem-solving, rational thinking, meddling, family, grief, point of view

Author website: http://www.laurentarshis.com/

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think this book was a great book. I liked it because it has a great moral. I like that it talks about bullying and exultion and peer pressure. It is a great book for young adults. I would love to read the next book! I would definetly reccomend it!
Julie K

Anonymous said...

I think this book taught you you don,t have to change who you are just because your weird.

Anonymous said...

I think this book was awesome. It taught you a good lesson about bullying and don't change yourself if people think you're weird. I would definetly recommend it!

Samantha B.
Steere Farm Elementary
Burrillville,RI